Since January of 2017 I have been on the board of the NY Chapter of AIGA. AIGA is the oldest and largest professional membership organization for design with more than 70 chapters and 25,000+ members. AIGA advances design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. From content that defines the global practice to events that connect and catalyze, we work to enhance the value and deepen the impact of design across all disciplines on business, society, and our collective future.
As Chair of the Membership Committee, I’ve been tasked with growing our membership by producing compelling programming. In February of 2018, we launched a series on the Future of Work and the creative economy as well as skills-building workshops and entrepreneurial education.
- The Future of the Creative Economy - February 15
- Design + Tech: Design + Tech: The Changing Landscape - March 1
- Design Tools for the Future - April 12
- Designing for AR/VR + The Screenless World - May 3
- How To Launch a Creative Studio or Startup - March 3
- Mapping Out Your Design Path - March 7
- Leading Creative Teams - March 9
- Designing an Online Portfolio That Stands Out From The Crowd - April 18
- Preparing For Your Next Job: Personal + Professional Branding - May 14
- Designing Digital Experiences with Adobe XD - June 5