WHAT I DO
Incubator for design entrepreneurs
From 2011 to 2014, I designed long format curricula for startup social enterprises and nonprofit organizations at the startup phase. Topics ranged from financial sustainability to branding to legal structures to raising capital to pitching. During this period I also designed workshops and classes for the Harvard Social Enterprise Conference, the Social Good Summit, A Better World By Design, Adobe’s 99U, School of Visual Art’s Impact Design for Social Change and many others.
In 2015 I was hired to lead 30 Weeks, Google’s design and technology incubator. As Executive Director, I designed a carefully-crafted business curriculum, built a mentorship program that included some of the smartest minds in design, tech, business, and venture capital in New York City and hosted networking events for leaders of top incubators and accelerators to share knowledge and resources.
During my time leading Google’s 30 Weeks, I had the privilege of working with 52 designers from 20 countries. Our designers developed 24 products across 15 verticals. Post 30 Weeks, many of our graduates were accepted to top accelerators for further support like Venture for America, Highway1, Mass Challenge, Brooklyn FoodWorks Culinary Accelerator and HAX Boost. In under 2 years, our newly minted founders raised over $8,000,000 dollars of investment for their companies.
To learn more about my experience you can read “How to Get from Idea to Launch in 30 Weeks” in Core77.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
- NYU EdTech Accelerator: Time Management + Goal Setting 11/2017
- Techstars IoT Program: Leadership Training for Tech Entrepreneurs 10/2017
- Ladies Get Paid: Women Lead 9/2017
- NEW INC: Mindful Leadership 8/2017
- Rise Barclays: Facilitation Masterclass 6/2017
- LMHQ: Your Future Self, Career Transition Workshop for Women 6/2017
- A/D/O (BMW Group): Navigating The New York City Design Ecosystem 5/2017
- 99U Conference: Designer to Founder: Rapid Ideation 5/2016
- HarvardxDesign Conference: 30 Weeks: Fail Fast 2/2016
- General Assembly: Bootstrapping Your First Year 2014 - 2015
- Social Good Summit (UN Foundation/92Y): How to Build a First-Class Social Venture 9/2014